Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Nashville Prep : Day One (Face)

Today is officially seven short days until I head out of Ohio, with my three best friends, for Nashville and the CMA Fest. As much as I hate waiting and hoping for the next few days to pass by, I do enjoy the pre CMA planning. This next seven days are the days for planning my makeup, nails, hair and outfits for each day at Fest, and I genuinely enjoy it!

 Knowing how to paint my face is not as simple as it sounds. I have to be careful about the makeup I use because, A.) I have very fair, easily burnt skin, which means I have to lather on sunscreen before applying my makeup and B.) Nashville is very hot, and we spend pretty much the whole day outside walking around to different stages, so I need a face that is going to stick with me. I won't have time to reapply every hour or so. Some girls are naturally pretty enough to hit the streets with the BARE minimum and get by with it, I am not that lucky. I can't leave that hotel (no matter how much I may want to) without a full face on. From SPF to eyeliner. So today, I spent several hours on Youtube and other blogs looking at different tutorials that I think will work for me. There were soooo many to chose from, which is really nice. There is something for every skin tone, type, and problem. These were my favorites. Keep in mind, you don't have to follow these to a T. Certain colors that work for these girls, may not work for me, or you... These are just some general ideas, and with a little tweaking, I think they will work just fine for me :)



Summer time, for me at least, usually means late nights. Especially during CMA. We spend a lot of nights out at bars and partying with friends. So, needless to say, this one is especially important for me.


I don't know that I could pull this one off. I look a little bittle crazy without a good solid eyeliner and some color, but I know a lot of girls prefer this look, especially in the summer. So here's to ya :)


Coral is my favorite color. I don't have blue eyes, which this video is mostly geared towards, but I still think it will work for me. I plan on trying this look on one of the days when none of my clothing or accessories are coral.

I'm excited to try this one on one of our nights out. I love the bright colors, but I'm a little scared to wear this during the day in Nashville. I'm afraid after a few hours in that bright Tennessee sun, this will wind up all down my face. Once night falls, and the whole town cools down a little, I'm going to give this one a whirl!

This look is one of those staples that really can look great on anyone. You might have to go a shade or so lighter, or darker to make it perfect, but it works for everyone!


Lastly, I chose this one, because In the summertime I love a little pop of color in my classic eye makeup looks. The little dusting of that minty shadow just makes this look feel so much more appropriate for summer!

So those are my general makeup plans for Nashville. As always, I'll follow each look with a misting of hairspray. I always hear mixed reviews on that step, but I swear by it!
Ps. If you are a country music fan, make plans to hit up the CMA Fest next year! It's the best party of the season! Anyone else going?
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment