Thursday, May 30, 2013

Nashville Prep: Day Two (What I'm Wearing)

We are down to six days until we are Nashville bound. As I'm writing this I'm listening to my CMA Fest playlist on Spotify to get myself in the right mindset. It's boiling hot in my apartment, which normally I hate, but it actually helped me today. The atmosphere in my place today is about the same as it will be in Nashville (yes, it's that hot in here) so it was actually beneficial while planning my outfits!

I took a few pictures on my phone while I was getting things together. Nothing, of course, is set in stone yet. I won't be 100% unil tomorrow night, when my roomie gets home and gives me his opinions. Needless to say, things could change quite a bit at that time. Also, I didn't take pictures of the jeans I'm wearing, mostly because I couldn't really fit them in the picture using a small camera phone. But, if you were wondering, I'm wearing basic denim capris and shorts everyday. It's really the only way to go in this heat.

Sorry that there aren't any links. To be honest most of this stuff was either no longer listed, or I got it at thrift shops and have no idea where it originally came from. Most everything is really easily duplicated though :)

I really really love pink and I also have an obsession with leopard print. The top came from DEB years ago. And the cami came from WALMART for only $5, I bought it about a month ago, so these actually might still be available! They are super comfy and come in a million different colors!
 
The top was from DEB also, as I used to shop there all the time when I was 19-21. The cardigan is one from a thrift store a few years ago. It's jersey knit, so it's light and airy and perfect for somebody who hates to go sleeveless, but still doesn't want to burn to death in the sun :)
 
I don't know why I love this look so much. The button down is from The Avenue, but you can get them pretty much anywhere. The bustier underneath I got on sale at Torrid last year. I don't think they carry it anymore, but I know they have some that are very similar!
 
I got both of these pieces at DOTS. I bought these both on sale also (that vest was $3.) Unfortunately, because I buy most things on sale, they are usually gone pretty quick, and I've never seen another vest quite like this one :/
 
The cami is just a basic white one that you can get pretty much everywhere. The jacket is from the Avenue. I love the lace strip down the middle of the back, it just makes it look a little prettier and gives it something extra.
 
 
After I get my outfits completely ironed out and set in stone, I will start accesorizing and adding some finishing touches. Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with... especially since I didn't have to purchase a single new item, these were all already in my closet. Some of these I had never though to wear together. Luckily, I decided to try to mix things up a little bit for this post, and it paid off as far as I'm concerned!
 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute tops! I love with the pink leopard print top!

    ReplyDelete