Sunday, June 30, 2013

Rainbow!

So I guess I'm kind of cheating. I wasn't actually tagged to do this. I just happened across it on another blog and thought it looked like fun, and since I haven't been able to update super often, what with a new baby in the house (not my baby, my nephew <3), I thought this would be a fun little post to share some of my very favorite products with you! Plus, I thought it would be appropriate with the whole DOMA/Prop 8 victories... and it's also pride week here in my town! 

The Rainbow tag is pretty self explanatory. You pick a product for each color of the rainbow (and pink, if you want). I actually had so many products from each color that this became a lot harder than I anticipated. I especially struggled with Indigo, which ultimately I kind of just replaced with Navy lol. Anyways, here goes :)

RED:
This one was actually really easy, this product was the first thing that popped into my head! It's the Sephora+Pantone Lip Luster Lipstick in Cayenne. I actually bought this shade about three weeks ago on sale for THREE DOLLARS. I'm not sure if they still have it or not, but for three bucks, it's definitely worth checking out.



ORANGE:
I'm very fair skinned, and the Sephora Moisturizing Bronzing Body Lotion is the only thing that works for me. It doesn't give you a huge amount of color, so I don't have to worry about being orange. After 2-3 of application it is the perfect amount of color to look like I have a good natural tan. The other upside is that this has never left me streaky at all. The downside... I don't think they are going to keep making this :( I went to my Sephora a few weeks ago to restock, and they were out. They said they are only getting the spray kind now, which I'm not sure about. Luckily, I have five bottles of this, but once they are gone... they are gone.


YELLOW:
Suave Professional Dry Conditioner has a been a lifesaver! During summer my hair becomes my number one enemy. This little can always comes to my rescue! I cannot stand when I run my hands through my hair and it gets stuck in all the tangles! Sadly, it's almost unavoidable in summer time as I'm always riding around with the windows down, which turns my hair to a rats nest. This detangles, smooths, and generally freshens my hair. If I'm out all day at a concert or festival or something, I like to use it after I use my Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo.


GREEN:
Not only is this my favorite green eyeshadow, it's one of my favorite eyeshadows of all time.Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Hypershadow in Tokyo Hardcore. The packaging is what initially drew me in, but the product is BEAUTIFUL! It's the most intense neon green, with the most amazing sparkles in it. I'm a sucker for anything that glitters and sparkles. I wish I could find more ways to wear this, I just love it that much.



BLUE:
Like I said. I really love glitter! I actually have this eyeliner in almost every shade available. This is shade 06 Teal. Not exactly Blue, but close enough. This is perfect when I go out at night.


INDIGO:
This one I was at a loss for. Apparently, Indigo isn't my color because I own pretty much nothing in this color! So instead of Indigo, I give you Navy-ish, It's closest I could get! This is OPI in Russian Navy.


VIOLET:
I recieved this from Influenster and Mary Kay a few weeks ago in a Vox Box for review. I love it so much! I had never tried Mary Kay before, but this was a great introduction to it. This product is not only beautiful ber pretty versatile. This one is in the shade Violet Storm. I'm not sure what other shades they carry, but if they are as good as this one I will definitely buy a few more!


PINK:
This is one of my all time favorite lip products. I use this every single day and it never gets old. I'm addicted. Soap And Glory A Great Kisser Lip Moisture Balm in Juicy Peach. Seriously, I cannot express through words how much I love this stuff. Oddly enough, it's the only Soap and Glory product I've every purchased, but since buying it, I want to hugely expand my S&G collection. If they make this, I have to see what other life changing things they make!


If you've ever done this tag, let me know! I wanna see all of them! And if you haven't done this, then I tag you!

2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, so if you're interested head over to my blog to have a looksee - http://aloharosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tag! I've never heard of dry conditioner before... interesting! I need to check out those Sephora glitter liners. That teal one looks great!

    ☮ Melli { Casual Beauty }

    ReplyDelete